In continuing to bring our readers new and interesting information about your friends and neighbors, we are presenting our “What’s Your Story” series. This is a Q & A panel of 20 questions that we ask Randolph County Residents. The information is fun facts and good advice from them on various topics. We are interested in seeing what we can learn about our readers in 20 questions! Hope you enjoy!
If you would like to submit your story, send an email request to:
Featured this week is: Roy Meek
1. Tell us about your family – spouse, children, grandchildren, pets, etc.
My wife of 25 years, Amy, and I have three children, Nathanael (Victoria) Collins, Sarah (Reece) Wymer, and Isaiah Collins. We have three grandchildren, Thomas, Wyatt, and Darla Wymer.
2. What is your occupation?
I am Pastor at the Community Fellowship Church in Union City, Indiana, and a co-owner of Webb’s Jewellers in Winchester.
3. How many jobs have you had?
I have had eight jobs total. My favorite is Pastor, I love sharing God’s word. My least favorite was working at a chicken hatchery.
4. Other than your family members, who in your life do you most admire?
The person I most admire in my life is Jesus Christ, He is my hero, and the very person I hope to represent.
5. If you could change the world, what would be your first move?
Lead everyone to the saving grace and love of Jesus.
6. What is your best advice for someone to experience happiness?
Accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.
7. You just won millions in the lottery. What will you do with the winnings?
Build a larger church, build a health care facility for families in need, build a drug rehab center, and build a shelter for those who are homeless and hungry.
8. What are 3 things remaining on your bucket list?
See Randolph county on fire with the Love of Jesus, see drug addiction and death cease, open a coffee shop with free coffee and drinks and live music for the public to enjoy.
9. What is the best technological invention from the 1950’s forward?
The I-phone…I use it for everything.
10. What is something that very few people know about you?
I have no idea who my earthly father is.
11. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Those who think of themselves as better than anyone else. Especially sometimes the church can look at people, like those in addiction and those who have done awful things as bad. However, outside of Christ, we are all bad, we have all sinned and fallen short.
12. What is your favorite memory?
Seeing my children born, what a blessing from God to be given such amazing gifts.
13. If you found a time machine that would take you back for one day, when would that be? Why?
I would love to go back to Jerusalem A.D. 30 during the time of the book of Acts and be a part of the church after Christ’s resurrection to see the fire and desire of a church yearning to share Christ’s love.
14. What is the biggest misconception about you?
That I have everything together. I’ve got all my ducks in a row so to say. Each day is a battle for me just like everyone else. My hope is built solely on Christ.
15. What is your favorite place to dine within the boundaries of Randolph County?
The Pizza King in Union City is amazing.
16. Have you always lived in the Randolph County area? If not where else?
Most of my life has been spent in Randolph County. I was born and raised the first few years of my life in Wayne County Michigan.
17. Your biggest contribution to society?
Sharing the Love of Jesus with all those who will listen.
18. Most important rule in life?
Love the Lord with all my heart, and love others with the love of Christ.
19. Biggest “Game Changer” in your life?
Marrying my wife Amy, she has lead me to a deeper relationship with Jesus and has always been beside me despite my many flaws.
20. Will you retire from your current job?
I don’t see that happening. As far as preaching goes, as long as the Lord equips me I will preach his word. As far as the jewelry store goes, as long a God continues to bless we will continue.
FIVE FUN FACTS:
Can you dance?
Hawaii or Austrailia
All food, food is a weakness.
Any car that works, even though fast cars are pretty awesome.
Favorite type of music?
I love worship music and Christian Rap music.