RALEIGH, N.C. - A North Carolina woman died when police say her oxygen tank exploded in her home, media outlets report.
The 61-year-old woman was using her oxygen tank and smoking a cigarette at the same time in her Nash County home Tuesday morning, according to WRAL.
The cigarette ignited Belinda Coble's oxygen tank, which exploded and caused a small fire, WITN reported.
Coble's husband, who was sleeping in another room, was woken up by the fire alarm and managed to put out the fire and call 911, according to WNCN.
When first responders got there, Coble was dead, WNCN reported.
There was "minimal damage" to the home, WITN reported.
Visit The News & Observer (Raleigh, N.C.) at www.newsobserver.com